Summit Tree Service Inc. provides quality tree removal, tree pruning and plant health care services to the greater Grand Rapids area. A Summit tree climber will serve as a team member to a tree care crew with primary responsibilities in production and assisting crew leaders in skill development with an emphasis on customer service. The ideal candidate will possess plant knowledge, while having advanced tree pruning and removal skills. This candidate must also be reliable with a regular emphasis on crew safety.
COMPANY CORE VALUES
· Possess and demonstrate a strong Work Ethic
· Always have Positive Attitude and promote a positive work environment
· Ensure you and the people around you are providing their best Quality of Work
· Hold your Team and Self Accountable for the work performed
· Summit’s tree climbers are expected to perform all required ground, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments, as directed by crew leader or designated supervisor.
· Direct activities on the job site or job sites
· Communicating production goals (and other items of interest) with crew members and supervisor.
· This individual will participate in all job site safety briefings, utilize appropriate protective equipment, and have an understanding of all aspects of tree groundman positions.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· 3-5 years of climbing experience (with MRS or SRT systems)
· 3-5 years of pruning and removal experience
· Must possess a Valid Chauffeurs Driver’s License and clean driving record. (CDL preferred)
· ISA Certified Arborist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· While performing the duties of this job, the position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Heavy lifting, bending and crawling may be required. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.
· Employee will be required to walk for long stretches of time, employee should be able to lift 75 pounds when necessary. As well as move and bend easily into climbing gear and up a tree.
· Health/HSA, Delta Dental, Eyemed, and Unum available after 90 day waiting period
· 401K available after one-year wait (Summit with match up to 4%)
· Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, and Flexible Scheduling
· Hourly wage is negotiable (BOE $16.00 to $26.00/hr)
For a copy of the full job description please contact our office at 616-453-1091
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $24.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com