Website Summit Landscape Management Inc.
Summit Landscape Management Inc.
Summit Landscape Management Inc. is looking for a Landscape Foreman – Hardscape, for our Traverse City location, that is responsible for installation and the management of projects. The foreman will primarily be responsible for performing hardscape installation jobs with a high level of quality and efficiency. The Foreman must be able to complete assigned jobs while supervising and managing a crew of 1 to 2 people
· Direct activities on the job site or job sites
· Communicating production goals (and other items of interest)with crew members and supervisor
· Supervises and manages landscape crew. This may include training and promoting the development of subordinates and coworkers in the best practices of hardscape installation.
· Ensure that each crew member is trained appropriately for each designated job assignment
· Participates in and conducts all job site safety briefings with crew members. This includes ensuring that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment, and making sure all safety procedures are followed with proper instruction.
· Performs administrative functions pertaining to crew management(ex. Paperwork, expense reports)
· Able to Interact with clientele in order to help ensure job satisfaction
· Be assigned to a winter snow removal position in our winter months and perform all associated duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
· 3 to 5 years of landscape construction/installation experience(Including building Retaining Wall and Building Patios)
· Management experience is preferred
· Valid Chauffeur’s Driver License with clean record. CDL is preferred, but not required.
· Understands how to read, interpret and instruct others from a Landscape design blueprint
· Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards
· Understands financial aspects of each job assignment
· Lead by example: report to work on time each day, strive to improve you job and safety skills, and motivate your crew to get jobs done quickly and have great attention to quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· While performing the duties of this job, the position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Heavy lifting, bending and crawling may be required. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.
· Employee will be required to walk for long stretches of time,employee should be able to lift 50 pounds when necessary and dig when needed
· Health/HSA, Delta Dental, Eyemed, and Unum available after 90 day waiting period
· 401K available after one-year wait (Summit with match up to 4%)
· Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, and Flexible Scheduling
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Traverse City, MI
Pay: $17.00 – $22.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org