Website Summit Landscape Management
Summit Landscape Management is searching for a Maintenance Manager to oversee the day-to-day maintenance division employee scheduling, production, and quality control. The Maintenance Manager will be in charge of mowing, weeding, pruning, and fertilization crews, and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Summit Landscape Management Inc in a professional manner in all work activities
- Develop a clear understanding of your team, including their strengths and weaknesses, both professionally and personally.
- Assure profit of each assigned line of business by making sure the best practices for the maintenance division are developed and implemented (i.e. management of hours and costs, efficient scheduling, and proper maintenance of trucks and equipment).
- Assist direct reports in the execution of their job responsibilities as needed.
- Be able to monitor whether or not jobs are being completed in times less than or equal to the predicted/scheduled workload. Meet forecasted gross profit margins.
- Support recruiting effort to develop the best possible team.
- Be available to deal with issues as they appear on various jobsites and address these issues in a timely and professional manner
- Ensure that job site operations are clean, professional, and serve our customers to the best of our ability.
- Oversee customer maintenance contracts to ensure customers are receiving applicable and quality services.
- Overall knowledge of contracts and contract management.
- Propose adjustments to the landscape as needed, including replacing plants, fixing irrigation, etc. if needed.
- Evaluate jobsites and perform routine checks on workmanship of crews.
- Monitor the progress of crews within your department and ensure that they are working to meet a high level of quality and safety expectations.
- Maintain a safe working environment and enforce all safety standards, protocols, and regulations.
- Monitor and develop employees (direct reports) and ensure that they are performing according to Summit Landscape Management’s core value standards
- Develop training and/or other improvement programs for continued employee advancement.
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must have experience in the landscape industry (Minimum of 4 years) or a 4-year degree from an accredited college.
- Self-starter, motivated with a minimum of 4 years of strong project and production management within the landscape industry.
- Possess the knowledge required to conduct comprehensive site surveys and relay hard cost numbers to sales associates.
- Able to read landscape design plans and blue prints.
- Possess knowledge in the technical aspects of landscape maintenance to solve any issues that may arise.
- Possess knowledge in planting and classifications of landscape plant material, including after-care techniques for the landscape.
- Basic understanding of irrigation systems
- Basic understanding of fertilization applications
- Understanding of proper pruning techniques.
- Possess superior communication as well as written and verbal grammatical skills.
- Must have general knowledge about computers and possess the ability to learn systems unique to our organization (e.g. LMN, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, etc.).
- Chauffer’s License, commercial driver license (CDL) preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must have a driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be available via phone
- Able to lift up to fifty pounds when needed, and have the dexterity to operate landscape related heavy machinery.
- Must be able to traverse large contracted properties, perform a visual assessment for potential hazards, and identify areas that need improvement
- Strong Work Ethics
- Positive Attitude
- High Quality Work
- Holds Others Accountable
- Health/HSA, Delta Dental, EyeMed, and Unum available after 90 day waiting period
- 401K available after one-year wait (Summit with match up to 4%)
- Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, and Flexible Scheduling
- Summit Landscape Management vehicle and credit card for business expenses
- Salary or hourly compensation plan is determined by qualifications and experience
To apply for this job email your details to Liz@summitlandscapeinc.com