The Sales/Project Manager will manage the landscape design and install project from the initial customer contact through the design and installation. Responsibilities include reporting to the Senior Project Manager comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management, communication skills, and design drafting abilities, as you will collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines. Ultimately, the Sale/Project Manager duties are to ensure that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
The Sales/Project Manager position is a full time salary position reporting directly to the Senior Landscape Project Manager.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
Customer Service – Continuous
- Maintain professional attire and appearance, including personal hygiene and grooming, to best represent the company.
- Address any customer concerns and give explanations and recommendations as necessary.
- Review job changes with clients and/or to the Tree Service, Irrigation Manager, or Operations Manager as necessary.
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve.
Daily Work Planning – 5%
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Monday or Trello).
- Provide direction and corrective feedback, as needed, to ensure department personnel are effectively utilizing their time preparing for work and at the work sites.
Project Management and Design Activities – 75%
- Meet with clients on site to discuss and determine project layout and designs.
- Create/develop designs/concepts, and provide samples to clients, gaining project acceptance.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment, and information.
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans, and expenditures.
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement).
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance activities.
Winter Account Management Activities – 20%
- Actively manage assigned winter clients providing stellar customer service.
- Ensure all services for each account has been provided by our staff to the company standards.
- Proactively communicate issues through the proper channels to avoid customer complaints
QUALIFICATIONS & REQIUREMENTS
- Degree in Horticulture / Landscape Architecture or at least 4 years of experience in landscape design, sales, construction, and management.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe products, and any other tools needed to provide clients with proper landscape designs and layouts.
- Support a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace following company policies.
- Customer and Safety oriented.
- Positive and proactive attitude with strong work ethics.
- Passionate about landscape design and management.
- Initiative – take on responsibilities and challenges. Be a motivated and organized self-starter.
- Open communication with crew members to help them learn.
- Team player working towards common goals that benefit the company.
- Integrity – being honest and ethical.
- Leadership – lead, take charge, and offer helpful opinions and direction.
- Attention to detail – quality and thoroughness when completing work tasks.
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling work obligations.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Analytical Thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Innovation – creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must have a driver license and clean driving record
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds when needed
- Required to traverse large contracted properties, perform a visual assessment for potential hazards and identify areas that need improvement
- Health/HSA, Delta Dental, Eyemed, and Unum available after 90 day waiting period
- 401K available after one year wait (Summit with match up to 4%)
- Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, and Flexible Scheduling
- Summit Landscape Management vehicle and credit card for business expenses
- Salary or Hourly compensation plan is determined by qualifications and experience