Website Summit Landscape Management Inc.
Summit Landscape Management Inc.
The Mechanic’s Helper will perform repair work and maintenance for gas and diesel cars and trucks, as well as off-road, construction and landscape equipment.
- Maintains vehicles, which may include a company’s fleet of cars, trucks, heavy equipment, tractor/trailers, and other motor vehicles. i.e. off-road equipment and attachments
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance including oil changes and tune-ups.
- Performs tests on specific parts and systems to ensure proper function.
- Identifies mechanical problems either visually or with computer diagnostic equipment.
- Examines critical parts and systems using a standard checklist.
- Repairs or replaces malfunctioning parts and systems such as brake pads, belts, water pumps, electrical components, and other mechanical parts.
- Plans and establishes timetable to complete repairs and maintenance.
- Visits job sites to inspect vehicles.
- Test drives vehicles and company equipment to confirm safe and proper operation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of all aspects of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Welding experience preferred
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational/technical school program or apprenticeship in auto repair or related field required.
- Chauffeurs license required.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Commercial driver’s license preferred
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com