Summit Landscape Management is currently searching for an experienced shop mechanic to help in day to day operations. A shop mechanic is responsible for performing routine maintenance on Summit Landscape’s company vehicles, as well as prepping and repairing small engine equipment. This is a Full-Time position that reports directly to the shop manager or operations manager. The ideal candidate will have experience working with commercial mowing equipment (such as zero turn lawn mowers), snow removal equipment, vehicle maintenance, and have experience welding.
Shop Mechanics are expected to…
- Perform routine maintenance checks on company vehicles which includes but is not limited to fluid level checks, oil changes, tire rotations, etc.
- Identify and repair simple diesel engine issues
- Prepare company vehicles for different seasonal work, such as putting a plow on for the snow removal season
During the winter months, work times for mechanics may vary based on snow removal needs. Working hours could be night-time or day-time shifts.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Valid Driver’s License (Chauffeurs or CDL preferred)
- Experience working as an auto mechanic or maintenance shop mechanic
- Certifications (diesel mechanic, small engine repair, welding) are preferred but not required
- Lead by example: report to work on time each day, strive to improve you job and safety skills, be self-motivated to get jobs done quickly and have great attention to quality.
- Must be self-motivated and versatile in various truck repairs
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- While performing the duties of this job, the position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Heavy lifting, bending and crawling may be required. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.
- Employee will be required to be on their feet for long stretches of time, employee should be able to lift 50 pounds when necessary and operate heavy equipment as needed
- Health/HSA, Delta Dental, Eyemed, and Unum available after 90 day waiting period
- 401K available after one year wait (Summit with match up to 4%)
- Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, and Flexible Scheduling
- Hourly wage is negotiable (BOE)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com